Wednesday, August 10, 2011

                                                          "Working Stiffs"
I made this 18" x 18" quilt with men's suit material as the background.  The calacas were cut from lightly rusted cotton.  The "clothes" and "shoes" were made from a men's tie and men's shirting material.  I added a few embellishments and the twisted yarn around the edge.  This will debut at Artistic Artifacts, Alexandria VA on October 22, 2011.
                                                          Detail

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love the use Of color. Makes me feel like starting one myself!

AN

Teresa Shippy said...

Love this!

Cindy Cooksey said...

It's great! There will always be more Day of the Dead exhibits and/or challenges, so you'll be ready for the next one.

Jamie Fingal said...

you kill me with your quilt titles. Quilt is very fun!

Julie Schlueter said...

It's actually for a Power Suit Challenge through Artistic Artifacts. I'm sending the quilt in soon. The display opens just before Dia de los Muertos, so I thought I would celebrate the day.