Thursday, June 20, 2013

I ink dyed these four fabrics..
 ...then made them into a quilt top.  Will quilt it later.  I used fabric medium and alcohol in with the inks so make the "solids" and splattered ink on fabric that had medium and was dried for the multi colored pattern.  Then I used two different stencils to "pattern" the fabric.  I thinned out the ink with alcohol then laid the stencil down and almost dry brushed the ink over the stencil and fabric.  One stencil was a roundish pattern and one was squarish.  These fabrics worked well in the quilt together because some of the same colors were used in all pieces in the alcohol dyeing.

No comments: